To Prepare for your Trip
To ensure your trip goes smoothly, please read these suggestions and, where indicated, follow these instructions:
- After you book a trip, please email me to confirm: firstname.lastname@example.org. This creates a paper trail to ensure your trip goes forward as planned.
- On the day before your scheduled trip, please call me (315-529-4204) to go over our meeting place, time of departure, and any questions or concerns you may have about the trip.
- On our scheduled day, we will meet at our previously discussed location and time (PLEASE BE ON TIME). From here we will board the boat. After a brief safety speech, we will be on our way to some great salmon or trout fishing.
- During our trip you can expect to fish the entire time we are out to maximize our catch rate. We will work hard on getting everyone his or her limit. We will always fish out our time if it is a half-day or whole day, unless we reach the daily limit for the boat. If we limit out early, we will head in, take photos, filet the day's catch and enjoy our great success. We all need to do our part. By not continuing to catch-and-release after our limit is reached, we will help ensure there will be salmon for years to come.
- You will want to bring a lunch, camera, sun/rain gear, a valid Alaska fishing license with king salmon stamp (if you are fishing for king salmon that day). For any other salmon species or for saltwater fishing, you will need only a valid AK fishing license.
- On the Kasilof, there are only a few places we can pull over for a rest area. Because of this, I ask that you use the rest rooms at the launch before we start our trip to maximize our time on the water.
- Please do not hold us responsible for ADF&G regulation changes; these are circumstances we cannot control. As long as we are able to fish, we intend to do so.
- Deposits will be refunded if you cancel thirty days prior to your trip.
Many thanks for your cooperation. See you on the River!
Capt. Mark Ledden